Monday, August 07, 2006

Sorry but some more Vonage news... That was news to me, how about you?

Found an incredibly interesting article in the "Star News Online" about Vonage's founder / chairman and his sorted past. I knew the guy was rich but never new how he did it. While 23 years old, it's reported that he and a few friends developed an inventive scheme to bilk money off of literally hundreds of thousands of small investors who bought and sold over the counter stocks. They took in nearly $1 BILLION in this effort and were fined only about $70 million. Some may say this is a nice return investment ($1B on $70M cost) but for me, if true, this does more to explain the success of their current IPO and the sham of a business model they run at Vonage.

I guess I should find solace in reading this because now I no longer need to wonder how they came up with such a lame business model:-)

Go figger:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home